When installing Netbeans it will ask for a distribution of the Java SDK. Netbeans doesn’t work well with version 7. In fact you might even receive an error once in a while when installing Netbeans with this distribution.
It works well however when you have installed it with version 6 of the Java SDK.
How you can change it after installation
- Go to the directory (if you are on Windows): c:program filesNetbeans x.xetc
- Edit the file: netbeans.conf
- Go find the line: netbeans_jdkhome="C:Program FilesJavajre7"
- Alter this line in your version 6 installed distribution, you can easily find your distribution by entering: C:Program FilesJava in your Windows explorer.
Modified it to: netbeans_jdkhome="C:Program FilesJavajdk1.6.0_23" (or your own 6 version, just copy the name of the folder on the place of "jre7"
- Save the file
- Start Netbeans and it should be done.
If you don’t have a Java SDK version 6 distribution, you can get it with following link:
Link to version 6 of the Java SDK
If you install Netbeans complete, it will contain a verion 6 of the distribution in the Netbeans download.